Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Picture Crazy

As I was going into my closet, I saw my monkey sticker, and decided that I really wanted to show that in the blog- because I am in love with that wall sticker. I was planning on only showing that today- but I went a bit "picture crazy," and took a bunch of pictures of things I like around my home. There is a story in my mind about how the pictures are connected though- I promise.

So the first is the gorgeous monkey I randomly found in the dollar store. It was a must buy- and I think it really goes with my crazy personality. But I think my crazy personality meas a crazy room because there is not really any order in the decorations I have on my walls. I also bought lots of large butterfly stickers, and a silver princess sign, with a crown and wand. How are all of those things supposed to belong in one room??


The monkey reminded me of the reason why I went to the dollar store anyway. My sister really wanted to make tissue paper pom poms for her room. They were kind of a fail. I imagined them to look a lot prettier. But if you want to learn how to make them, here is a link. I can't seem to find the exact link we used- but this is basically the same idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEeG_tqHHj8

Now that I have shown you my fail art, I think it is important to compensate by showing two projects that I think were pretty successful. The barbie doll's dress was made entirely with toilet paper. Can you believe that? If you have not realized it already- I like to show off (and often compliment) my art.

These Eiffel Towers are not the only ones in my sister's room. She is a little bit obsessed so we have tons of Eiffel Towers. We just bought some texture paint from Home Depot, and painted these in her room about a month (maybe two?) ago. And I'm not particularly satisfied with this project as well- because I am terrible at drawing straight lines- so the towers all look a little bit lopsided. I felt that the letters lacked a little spunk- so without telling my sister, I took our pink glitter nail polish, and literally polished the letters to give some shine. And the best part, we bought glow in the dark paint, and painted around the outside of the largest Eiffel tower. So every night- my sister can feel like she is sleeping in Paris. This is as close to Paris as she'll get. At least for now.



Okay- so my crazy photo sharing ends with pictures of a crazy outfit. I never know what expression to make in my photos... Have a good night! :)
Ps: Do you like my henna?

No comments:

Post a Comment