Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I met an angel today

I met my old bus driver for lunch today. She is honestly one of the most amazing and inspiring people I have ever known.

Every single morning that I saw this lady on the metro public transportation bus, she had a beautiful smile on her face. She always welcomed every single person on the bus, and always gave off so much positive energy. And even more than that- just looking at her can make anyone smile. She always does her own hair, and make-up, and her look is definitely distinct- with beautiful colors in her hair, nice braids, and jewelry, and matching clothing. I mean- she was a vision!!

I always wondered how she looked so positive. Anyone would be fooled into believing that she has had a pretty good life. Well today during lunch, she was sharing what she has been up to, and honestly- I wanted to cry, because she is going through a lot. And the way she was describing her situation, she was so so positive throughout, and did not look sad. I was in awe. How could she still stay so positive? I had no idea.
It is hard to believe that this person actually exists! And honestly- she got so many compliments from everyone around her, and people literally came to take pictures of her look. I felt like I was with royalty.

Someday, I wish to be someone just like her. She is like an angel in my life, who always reminds me to stay positive not matter what life throws at you. I wonder why the people who have gone through the most hardships are the ones who are the most positive and uplifting people? It is a paradox of life.

It makes me thank God for putting people like her on this Earth, and for helping me find people like her in my life, who remind me of the miracles in life, and of what pure joy and giving is all about. :)

Do you have anyone in your life like that?

I took a picture of her on my phone. I will upload that maybe tonight when I am at home.





No comments:

Post a Comment