Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cleaners' Point, and Other Jokes and Stuff

Some interesting things:

-The janitors' closet was labeled cleaners' point.
-The purpose of foundation here is to lighten your skin, not to even it out.
- People use a lot of scented powder- and just shower themselves with lots of powder, on their faces, necks, backs, arms, etc.
- Perfume is more popular than deodorant, and instead of spraying once or twice, you are supposed to spray perfume like 10-15 times.
-There are lots of animals here randomly roaming the streets- cats, cows, dogs, donkeys, mice- it is a mini zoo. When one of my aunts moved near the place I am staying, her son, who was very young at the time asked her if they moving to zoo garden (I am not sure why, but zoo is called zoo garden. When I asked, my cousin said that that is because there is always a park connected with the zoo.)
- Fast food is very famous here. Except that burgers are all vegetarian. I thinking maybe there was something lost in translation because I have never seen burgers that were vegetarian in the US. I am very happy about that though because I don't eat meat.
- The word for meat is only used to describe meat of cows or goats. Apparently, chicken is not considered meat. So everyone always asks me, "You don't eat meat, or chicken?" I find that to be very amusing! :)
-A particular mango juice box (boxed juice?) is really famous here, which is called Slice.
-A cellphone is referred to as a set. So when we went to the internet store, the guy told me I needed to change my set.
-There are way too many beggars, and they do not leave you alone, even after you give them money. We kept requesting one guy to leave after we gave him money, and he just kept asking for more. My uncle was so upset, that I was afraid someone was going to get beaten up. Is it terrible to admit that I found that scene to be pretty fascinating?
-The van driver I come back with from research lab plays the same three old songs daily. I am not bored of them yet, I simply find it amusing.

Good night.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment