Sunday, February 2, 2014

Annoyance Over Hawking

Sometimes I just want to un-know some knowledge because the complexity questions everything I've known, and this new form of reality is not a reality I wish to believe in, or a lens I wish to perceive the world with. I just want to choose ignorance (or a simpler reality) sometimes because being more conscious is great responsibility and can substantially reduce utility (happiness) or functionality because of the ungraspable complexity. Does anyone agree with me here?

The gist of the argument I wish to unlearn (at least for some time):
I think therefore I am. But what I think is determined by physics/biology so there is probably no free will. And also, reality is different for every human and it is just our own guess. Therefore, nothing is accurate because there is no such thing, and we are not free but it's all still complex because complex systems are still unpredictable so maybe we may have some free will.

Quote that summarizes:
"Meaning can only really exist within the confines of the human mind, and in this way the meaning of life is not somewhere out there, but right in between our ears. In many ways this makes us the lords of creation." -Stephen Hawking

No comments:

Post a Comment